The printing method you choose has a major effect on the quality of your marketing materials, especially when you consider the other elements it needs to work in tandem with: design, stock, coatings and other factors.
If your print technique is incompatible with any of these elements, it can make your finished product less attractive or even downright illegible. For that reason, it’s vital to select the right method for your particular project.
Embed this on your site
For more information about these printing techniques, explore the following articles and resources.
- 4-Color Process vs. Spot Color Printing – Learn the difference between full-color and PMS printing processes.
- Screen Printing vs. Pad Printing: What’s The Difference? – Discover the history of both screen and pad printing, as well as the advantages of each technique.
- Metallic Foil Stamping vs. Metallic PMS Ink – Want to give your marketing collateral a metallic look? Check out the pros and cons of printing with metallic foil or ink.
- The Printing Process: Foil Stamping – Get an in-depth look into how paper is foil stamped.
- The Graphic Designer’s Guide to Embossing – Learn more about the different types of embossing, as well as the various dies and additional processes that can be used.
- A Guide to Popular Printing Techniques – Detailed examples of printing methods as well as information about coatings, die cuts and more.
This is the first infographic we’ve ever created; we hope you found it useful! If so, please tweet it or share your thoughts by providing a comment below.