Senior Technical Business Analyst
We are a small, fast-growth online printer with multiple rankings on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies. We're looking for a Technical Business Analyst to work with our U.S. business team and European software team to build and enhance our internal administrative sites and public-facing web properties. This position is for a full-time, in-house employee and includes paid vacation and holidays.
The Technical Business Analyst’s primary duty is to identify business requirements and support the software development team to enhance our website’s proprietary software solution. The right candidate will enjoy defining requirements and writing documentation to solve complex business problems while working in a friendly, fast-paced work environment.
- Collect and document detailed functional and non-functional requirements and technical specifications
- Provide project management and support for website and eCommerce application development activities
- Lead development teams and facilitate backlog- and project-related activities
- Work with key stakeholders to obtain and expand user scenarios, success criteria, and validation
- Lead meetings with key stakeholders to design solutions that meet business and system requirements
- Perform gap analysis on the existing system and best in-class web properties
- Develop system flowcharts and workflow documents for projects
- Develop an understanding of the business' function and work with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 7+ years professional experience supporting web or application development
- 5+ years professional experience as a technical or business analyst
- Experience gathering and defining business requirements for internal and public-facing websites
- Ability to convert business requirements, page schematics, or screen blueprints into system specifications
- Experience in project management and related software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Ability to think critically and resolve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience building ecommerce websites and working with remote teams
- Solid understanding of industry best practices
- Desire to learn about and test new technologies
- Experience with website analytics reporting software, such as Adobe/Omniture, Webtrends, Google
- Experience conducting A/B testing using Google, Optimizely, Adobe Target etc.
- Understanding of online marketing including SEM, SEO, CRM, and email
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Understanding of the printing industry
This is a full time salary position located in our Pontiac office. THIS IS AN “ON LOCATION” JOB. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT WORK IN THE OFFICE.
To apply for permanent, full-time positions:
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Subject Line, enter the title of the position you are applying for.
- Provide your contact information (name, phone number, email address).
- Attach your resume and cover letter.
- Attach any letters of reference or recommendation.
- Provide your salary history and salary requirements.