Senior Software Developer Job Opening in Ukraine
We are a small, fast-growth online printer with multiple rankings on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies. We're looking for a Senior Software Developer to work with our Ukrainian development and QA teams. This position is for a full-time, independent contractor who will work from home from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. Salary will be paid in U.S. dollars (amount dependent on experience and knowledge) and include paid vacation and holidays.
The Senior Software Developer’s primary duty is to enhance our website’s proprietary software solution. They will be developing web applications using PHP and MySQL ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for developing and integrating front-end elements with the back-end application. A solid understanding of both back-end and front-end technologies is required.
The Senior Software Developer will help design, architect and develop back-end web applications and front-end code to support the planned growth of our current websites. The Senior Software Developer will write code which is well-documented, maintainable, and secure. They will help us maintain our current web properties and work with our team to architect and develop our next generation web sites.
- Ability to define the optimal software solutions for complex problems
- Ability to write clean, unit-tested code that performs as expected and is fault-tolerant, maintainable, testable, and concise
- Ability to structure database for performance and scalability
- 10+ years of professional experience as a software developer using PHP and MySQL
- 5+ years of professional experience with PHP PDO and object-oriented PHP programming
- Deep understanding of MVC design patterns and frameworks, preferably using Phalcon
- Proficient understanding of version control tools, such as Mercurial, Subversion, Git as well as workflow management tools such as Teamcity, Jenkins
- Ability to build and consume custom SOAP and REST APIs
- Experience in writing automated unit tests
- Solid understanding of the industry’s best practices
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills
- Familiarity with project management software
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience with ecommerce websites
- Experience with security
To apply for this positions:
- Contact us via email at email@example.com.
- In the Subject Line, enter the title of the position you are applying for.
- Provide your contact information (name, skype contact information, email address).
- Attach your resume and cover letter.
- Attach any letters of reference or recommendation.
- Provide your salary history and salary requirements.