SEO Manager Job Opening
The SEO Manager is responsible for increasing and maintaining organic traffic to our website, while managing the day-to-day operations for multiple Search Engine Optimization campaigns. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate an advanced understanding of SEO tactics, search engine algorithms, and ranking factors, as well as take a straightforward approach to the search industry and future of SEO. He or she must have prior search engine marketing experience with excellent analytic capabilities, keen business judgment, and the ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
The SEO Manager is responsible for:
- Gathering, classifying, organizing, and managing keywords through various tools and techniques.
- Ensuring website pages are properly indexed in or excluded from search engines.
- Hands-on management of all on-page SEO including content optimization, meta-data optimization, and SEO-friendly site architecture.
- Develop and implement link acquisition strategies from a wide range of sources using outreach, content syndication, digital asset development, etc.
- Discover link opportunities thru competitive backlink research via tools such as Majestic SEO, Ahrefs, Open Site Explorer, and SEM Rush.
- Monitor and report key performance indicators such as indexing, rankings, backlinks, and serp click through rates.
- Keep up-to-date with the newest SEO strategies, techniques and best practices.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of "hands-on" experience as SEO Lead or SEO Manager with proven track record of successful strategy and implementation.
- Immense attention to detail and extreme focus on quality of results (very important).
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets.
- Ability to manage time and organize projects; works well under pressure and can meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent creativity and flexibility. Must be self-motivated and independent, well organized, able to do hands-on work with minimum supervision, and work well with all staff levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Keyword Tool, Webmaster Tools, SEOMoz, MajesticSEO, ranking tools, crawlers, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
We'd also prefer those who have:
- Experience working at an online retailer or substantial experience at an SEO agency.
- Previous experience with SEM and social media marketing.
This is a full time salary position located in our Pontiac office. THIS IS AN “ON LOCATION” JOB. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT WORK IN THE OFFICE.
To apply for permanent, full-time positions:
- Contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Subject Line, enter the title of the position you are applying for.
- Provide your contact information (name, phone number, email address).
- Attach your resume and cover letter.
- Attach any letters of reference or recommendation.
- Provide your salary history and salary requirements.