Executive Assistant Job Opening
The Executive Assistant is a full-time salaried position located in Pontiac, Michigan, and includes health, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, flextime, and work from home days.
The Executive Assistant's primary duty is assisting the eCommerce Director, and will report directly to them. They will manage projects, company and staff reports, meetings, human resources, and the eCommerce Director's schedule and priorities, as well as leading and assisting with tasks to make the eCommerce Director's daily life easier. A solid understanding of project management, meeting management, and human resources is required. Knowledge in marketing, design, and software is also a must.
The person must be flexible enough to work late and perform personal assistant tasks when needed, including but not limited to ordering and picking up lunches.
- Help research, define, and write assignments for staff
- Review tasks and deliverables to ensure they meet requirements before eCommerce Director reviews them
- Keep track of employees' assignments to ensure nobody is behind
- Manage staff reports - make sure everyone updated their reports, highlight anything important such as late projects/tasks, and gather feedback on anything important so that it can be addressed in the meeting
- Manage company reports and KPIs using web analytics, survey tools, account tools
- Create reports and recommendations on research projects to assist the eCommerce Director
- Define staff tasks gathered from various sources throughout the company, suppliers, and consultants-plus, fill in the gaps missing in those requirements.
- Review tasks to verify they meet their requirements before the eCommerce Director reviews them
- Edit important correspondence for the eCommerce Director
- Manage meetings, including room pre- and post-setup, agendas, meeting notes, meeting summaries, follow-ups, etc.
- Help the eCommerce Director manage his schedule, correspondence, and meetings, as well help with office parties, pay bills, update budgets/revenue/projections
- Act as the liaison between the eCommerce Director and other employees
- Help other teams with activities such as software testing, copywriting, project management, and updating the website
Skills and Qualifications
- Associate's Degree or better
- 3+ years of past experience as an executive assistant or similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent at Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with analytics and survey tools
- Experience with project management tools, CMS tools, etc.
- Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks
- Knowledge of Adobe products: Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Knowledge of marketing, including copywriting and design
- Knowledge of software development concepts
- Knowledge of print design
- Experience working with remote teams