Senior Project/Product Manager Job Opening
We're an online printer (ranked in Inc.'s 5000 fastest growing companies in America) looking for a Senior Project Manager to lead our Ukrainian software development and QA teams. In this role, you will have an immense impact on our team, our company, and our culture. You will be working on different projects. The primary project you will be working on is our website which is built using PHP and MySQL. To be successful, you must enjoy coming up with complex web software solutions in a friendly, fast-paced work environment.
This is a full-time, independent contractor position who will work from home from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. Salary will be paid in U.S. dollars (amount dependent on experience and knowledge) and include paid time off and holidays.
- Work with the executives to prioritize projects and their features for the team
- Breakdown projects and features into tasks to be implemented
- Develop relevant metrics that help the team see how they are progressing and provide management insight regarding the performance of the team
- Implement the use of a tracking system whereby the status of tasks, milestones and the project's status is always visible to the team and to other stakeholders
- Work closely with technical and QA leads to break down business requirements and translate them into actionable software requirements for developers
- Work with outside consultants on complex UI/UX issues and work with graphic designers to create mockups/wireframes
- Perform hands-on reviews to ensure quality deliverables while improving the quality assurance process
- Facilitate daily standups, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives
- Resolve project, design or resource issues before they cause schedule delays
- >Work closely with the team to develop a continuous improvement program that empowers the team through adoption of measurable best practices and methods
- Review, select, and integrate third party tools and solutions such as project management, software, testing, and marketing tools.
- 5+ years of technical project management experience, managing complex software projects, and applying agile methodologies
- 10+ years in software development as a developer, QA, team lead, and/or team manager
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or related field
- Detail oriented and possess exceptional organizational, time management, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates ability to meet project deadlines while ensuring that software deliverables are of the highest quality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate dynamic meetings and discussions
- Ability to lead and work with teams>
- Expert knowledge in programming techniques and practices
- Solid understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Certified Scrum Master
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Previous experience working with remote teams
- Previous experience with ecommerce websites
- Lives in Kharkov, Ukraine
To apply for this position:
- Contact us via email at hr(at)companyfolders.com
- In the Subject Line, enter the title of the position you are applying for.
- Provide your contact information (name, phone number, email address).
- Attach your resume and cover letter.
- Attach any letters of reference or recommendation.
- Provide your salary history and salary requirements.