Senior QA Engineer Job Opening
We are a small, fast-growth online printer with multiple rankings on the Inc. 5000 list of America's fastest growing private companies. We're looking for a Senior Software QA Engineer to work with our Ukrainian development team. This position is for a full-time, independent contractor who will work from home from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m. Salary will be paid in U.S. dollars (amount dependent on experience and knowledge) and include paid vacation and holidays.
This is a permanent, long-term position, not a contract job.
The Senior Software QA Engineer's primary duty is to maintain stability for our website's software system. This person should enjoy testing code, writing testing requirements, and creating automated testing scripts in a friendly, fast-paced work environment.
- Execute test plans and test cases and report results
- Identify defects and analyze test results to deduce what caused a failure
- Develop, document, implement, and manage applicable QA processes and procedures to create more effective quality methods for the team and ensure a quality product
- Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned products
- Develop software quality test plans and test cases
- Set and maintain the standards for Software Quality Assurance test documentation
- Collaborate with the team to elaborate on software requirements, ensuring proper and complete acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention during the development process
- Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience, and metrics
- Improve the quality control process and measurements to ensure a stable software environment and ideal user experience across our websites
- 5+ years in software development as a software tester or developer
- 3+ years in QA testing, preferably including expertise with automated testing tools and a solid understanding of the industry's best practices
- Previous experience with test-driven development
- Experience writing black box and GUI test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks, and helping teams define testing requirements
- Experience in context-based, exploratory, and scenario testing
- Ability to work as part of a team in which, on a daily basis, you determine and coordinate tasks with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you
- Experience collaborating with programmers and business experts
- Solid understanding of UI/UX best practices
- Strong work ethic and sense of ownership of end result
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience with ecommerce websites
- Experience writing simple SQL queries, insert/update statements, and basic grasp relational database
To apply for this position:
- Contact us via email at email@example.com.
- In the Subject Line, enter the title of the position you are applying for.
- Provide your contact information (name, phone number, email address).
- Attach your resume and cover letter.
- Attach any letters of reference or recommendation.
- Provide your salary history and salary requirements.