Copywriting and Blogging Internship Job Opening
Our copywriting internship lets you gain work experience, hone your writing skills, and learn about web content strategy through hands-on projects. You'll team up with our senior copywriter to create and edit eye-catching content that includes guest articles, blog posts, and e-commerce writing.
We are looking for college students or recent graduates who have completed classes in writing, advertising, or marketing. This internship is designed for individuals who are serious about building strong portfolios and becoming copywriting professionals.
This paid internship is on-location in our Pontiac, Michigan office. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT WORK ONSITE. Interns work 30-40 hours per week and enjoy a casual work environment.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Write website copy, such as product descriptions and design gallery descriptions
- Write copy for large content pieces, such as e-books or newsletters
- Write SEO copy and guest posts
- Research and write blog posts
- Code blog posts using HTML
- Upload written content to website and blog
- Work with graphic designers to create images
- Proofread and edit materials created by other writers
- Create and monitor social media marketing campaigns
- Assist the content manager / senior copywriter with other writing-related tasks as needed
- College student (junior or senior preferred) pursuing a career in writing, advertising, or a related field
- Professional writing voice that can adapt to a variety of styles
- Ability to structure blog posts and website copy in a logical sequence
- Excellent editorial skills in areas of accuracy, voice, readability, and grammar
- Ability to conduct thorough, credible research and organize findings
- Strong collaborative skills with both in-house and remote teams
- Knowledge of internet marketing and social media best practices
- Graphic design or print industry knowledge
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of basic HTML coding
How to Apply:
If you meet these qualifications, please email email@example.com with job code COPY INTERN in the subject line. Include your resume, writing samples, and 1-3 paragraphs explaining why you're a great candidate.