A logo is more than just a pretty image for customers to look at while they use a product or service. It’s the face of an entire brand, a symbol that determines how people feel about that particular company. For example, if a restaurant’s logo is cold and unappetizing, potential customers are going to associate that image with their food.
So what sort of ingredients do you need to cook up a tasty, irresistible logo? This infographic will provide you with tips and ideas related to each of the qualities that a successful logo design must have.
This work by Company Folders, Inc. is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Embed this on your site
Download segment images
Want to use a certain section of our infographic in a blog post or educational presentation? Download the individual segments of the graphic here.
Be Enticing - An example of how to design a logo with your audience's interests and background in mind.
Be Unique - Illustrates the need for logos to be memorable and avoid obvious clichés.
Be Timeless - Urges the viewer to avoid short-lived design fads and create timeless, resilient logos.
Be New - Encourages designers to be bold and create trends, not follow them.
Be Simple - Advocates for clean, effortless logo design that focuses on a single message.
Be Consistent - Several images detailing the need for all elements of a design to reinforce your brand.
Be Adaptable - Shows how a logo must be versatile enough to fit multiple sizes and color formats.
For more information about how to design a great business logo, check out the following articles.
- The 5 Different Logo Design Styles: Which Type Fits Your Brand? – A rundown of the five basic categories of logos and their individual strengths and weaknesses.
- Logo Design: 60 Pro Tips – A collection of helpful, easy-to-understand logo design advice.
- LogoLounge: Shapes and Symbols in Logo Design – A Lynda video course detailing the elements of an awesome logo.
- What makes a good logo? – Prolific graphic designer David Airey (author of Logo Design Love) shares valuable advice for creating logos.
- How to Create a Logo – An eloquent summary of the considerations that logo designers should keep in mind.
- 10 Logo Design Tips for a Timeless and Creative Logo – Learn what to do (and what not to do) to make a lasting logo that stands out.
- Are Your Web Graphics Print-Ready? – Includes tips for designing a logo that looks great both in print and on the web.
- The Psychology of Logo Design – Understand the hidden meanings and implications of your design with this thoughtful article.
- The Psychology of Logo Shapes: A Designer’s Guide – Learn how the shapes in your logo can affect the viewer’s emotional response.
Do you have other helpful tips or resources for creating an ideal logo design? Please share your thoughts in the comments below!